Sunday, May 17, 2009

A New Series Coming Soon...

People ask me all the time why I chose Fleer Ultra Baseball as my number one and only set to collect. When I was collecting in the mid 90's, for some reason I fell in love with it. Shiny things impress this native. It was really a combination of several factors. My best friend collected Leaf, and we always wanted to try different things so there was no way I was going to make my main set Leaf as well, we wanted to double our chances of getting great cards, not doubles. We hated doubles. So, Ultra was a respectable set, fairly inexpensive and just different. I like the photography, the color schemes, and I LOVED the inserts. I am not a huge "hit" guy, but I always felt the inserts had a point, they were different and usually fairly easy to pull from packs. That didnt always mean they were mid end inserts (sometimes they were), but it was nice to pull star cards at a good rate. So, with that being said I will begin by reviewing every Ultra set starting with 91 later tonight. Enjoy this blast from the past and dont forget to checkout my needs list from each set!

No comments:

Post a Comment